Ultimate Breakfast Treat: Gluten-Free Coffee Bread
Does your breakfast routine need an upgrade? What about this delicious coffee bread? Made with coffee flour, it's the perfect ally to start your day!
378g Gluten-free flour
42g Coffee flour
2 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum*
2 1/2 tsp instant yeast
1/4 tsp cream tartar
1 1/2 cup warm milk (95°C)
56g melted butter (cooled)
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
2 Egg whites
*Omit if the gluten-free flour contains xanthan gum
Prepping an extra special breakfast? Why not try our coffee croissants?
- In a large bowl whisk the flours, xanthan gum, yeast, cream of tartar, sugar and salt.
- Add the milk, butter, vinegar and egg whites, mixing on low speed after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the mixer bowl as necessary during mixing. Turn the mixer to medium-high speed and mix for about 3 minutes. The dough will be thick, smooth and quite wet.
- Place the dough in a prepared loaf pan (23x12 cm).
- Cover the dough with lightly oiled plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Remove the plastic wrap and slash the top of the loaf about 0.5cm with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the bread reaches about 90°C.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe was developed by Eleni Ioannidi, Food Scientist at Kaffe Bueno.
Want to know where you can buy Coffee Flour? Learn more here.