Easy Gluten-Free Coffee Crackers
Updated: Mar 6, 2019
Learn how to make the perfect gluten-free coffee crackers. These are perfect to impress your guests at the aperitif or just enjoy on your own as a to-go snack.
126g Gluten-free flour
14g Coffee flour
1/2 tsp Xanthan gum*
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
1/4 tsp Salt
56g Cold butter
14g Vegetable oil
1/4 – 1/2 cup Cold water
2 tbs Melted butter
*Omit if the gluten-free flour contains xanthan gum
Do you have a sweet tooth? Find all our baked goods recipes with coffee flour here.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a large bowl place the flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, sugar,
paprika and salt and whisk to combine well.
- Using a grater, grate the cold butter into the large bowl of the dry ingredients, stopping occasionally to flour the butter to keep it separated.
- Toss to coat the butter in the dry ingredients.
- Add vegetable oil and stir to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup of cold water and stir to combine. Add more water by half
teaspoonful as necessary to bring the dough together.
- Press the dough into a disk, wrap it tightly with a plastic wrap and place
it in the refrigerator to chill for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the chilled dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle lightly with more flour on both sides of the dough and roll out until a bit more than 0.3 cm.
- Using a 4-5cm round cutter, cut out shapes. Place the shapes on a baking
sheet and poke four to six holes with a toothpick.
- Bake for 7 minutes until the crackers are just beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and brush the surface with the melted butter.
This recipe was developed by Eleni Ioannidi, Food Scientist at Kaffe Bueno.
Want to know where you can buy Coffee Flour? Learn more here.