Fiber Pasta Recipe with Coffee Flour
Updated: Aug 22, 2019
Let us introduce you to our coffee flour pasta recipe with a high dietary fiber content.
(For approx. 143g)
¾ cup - wheat flour 75g
¼ cup - coffee flour 25g
1 - eggs 40g
½ tsp - xanthan gum (3g)
- In a big bowl mix all the dry dry ingredients together with a spoon until evenly distributed.
- Add the eggs and combine everything together.
- Move the mixture to the flat floured surface. Start kneading the dough until you get a smooth ball of pasta dough (for around 2-3 minutes).
- Cut the dough into 4 even pieces and cover 3 of them with the cling film so they will not dry out while you make the first pasta batch.
- Flatten the piece of the dough and pass it through the pasta machine, starting from the widest setting.
- After each roll, fold the dough in half. Repeat passing it through many times on this width until you see that pasta gets flexible.
- Keep narrowing the width until the thickness which works for you.
- Using the cutting setting on your pasta machine, cut the pasta into tagliatelle.
- You can cook the fresh pasta right away in boiling water, seasoned with salt for 4-8 minutes.
- You can also dry the pasta to preserve it for later. You do it by placing the pasta on a cooling rack near a source of heat and leave it to dry at least for 12h.
You can cook dry pasta in boiling water, seasoned with salt for 6-10 minutes.
Nutritional Value (100g)
Calories - 403,4 kcal
Fat - 3,8 g
Saturated fat - 1,1 g
Monounsaturated fat - 1,1 g
Polyunsaturated fat - 1 g
Sodium - 46,3 mg
Carbohydrates - 39,6 g
Dietary Fiber - 14,1 g
Starch - 37,9 g
Sugar - 0,3 g
Protein - 12,6 g
Calcium - 47,8 mg
Copper - 0,1 mg
Iron - 2,8 mg
Magnesium - 45,2 mg
Manganese - 0,4 mg
Phosphorus - 128,1 mg
Potassium - 183,4 mg
Zinc - 0,8 mg
This recipe was developed by Elżbieta Lechowicz, Food Scientist at Kaffe Bueno.